[This page is under construction. Please forgive its draft format.]
Local Community Organizations
On the Ground in Israel-Palestine
- Tent of Nations is an educational farm dedicated to bringing together people of different faiths and cultures in the pursuit of understanding and peace. You can make a donation through the Friends of Tent of Nations, North America (FOTONNA). (N.B. None of the local Palestinian organizations qualify for 401(c)(3) status with the IRS. Sorry.)
- Wi’am Palestinian Conflict Resolution Center in Bethlehem teaches conflict resolution by combining the traditional Arab form of mediation, called Sulha, with Western models of conflict resolution. They work primarily with women and children, providing education on equality and human rights. You can make a donation here.
- Christian Peacemaker Teams – Palestine bear witness to violence and oppression in the Occupied Territories. CPT teams escort children to school under threat of attack, live with families under threat of eviction, and document the daily oppression of military occupation. (Watch some of their videos here.) You can donate here.
Medical Aid in the Occupied Palestinian Territories
- Medical Aid for Palestinians is a British medical aid organization focused on Palestine. MAP is similar to Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières, but MAP works exclusively within the Occupied Territories. You can donate here. (As a UK charity, MAP is not rated by Charity Navigator.)
- Palestinian Children’s Relief Fund provides specialty surgical care to children in the Occupied Territories. They have been especially busy treating the 3,400 children who suffered traumatic injuries during this summer’s Gaza offensive, of whom more than 1,000 are permanently disabled. You can donate here. (Charity Navigator score 99.33)
Global Humanitarian Relief Organizations
- Oxfam International is the gold standard of international relief organizations, creating “lasting solutions to poverty, hunger, and social injustice.” (“Oxfam” is short for the Oxford Committee for Famine Relief, founded in 1947, in response to the crisis in then-British Mandate Palestine.) If you are interested in giving to a name brand organization, this is a good one. You can direct your donation to their work in the Occupied Territories here. (Charity Navigator score 90.29)
- Save the Children provides healthcare, nutrition, education, and emergency relief to children around the world. Like Oxfam, Save the Children is top of class. You can donate to their work in the Occupied Territories here. (Charity Navigator score 95.05)