View the Zoom gathering on Palestinian Prisoners Day when people gathered virtually to show solidarity with the prisoners whose incarceration puts them at extreme risk for coronavirus infection.
By Jewish Voice for Peace | JVP Facebook | Apr 17, 2020
I am heartened by the work of so many who are making the connections between the need to free prisoners here and in Palestine.
—Stefanie Fox, Executive Director, Jewish Voice for Peace
Zoom Rally to Free Prisoners from Rikers Island to Palestine. JVP’s Executive Director, Stefanie Fox hosted an incredible lineup of speakers at a Zoom Rally of more than 500:
- Marc Lamont Hill, Professor of Media Studies and Urban Education at Temple University
- Ahed and Bassem Tamimi, Nabi Saleh, Palestine
- Mariame Kaba, Organizer and Educator
- Arab Marwan Barghouti, son of Palestinian political leader and hunger strike organizer Marwan Barghouti
- Dareen Tatour, Poet
- Randa Wahbe, Al-Shabaka and Addameer
- Brad Parker, Defense for Children International, Palestine
- Azadeh Shahshahani, Legal & Advocacy Director, Project South; past president, National Lawyers Guild
- Lex Steppling, Director of Policy and Campaigns, Dignity and Power Now
- Andrea James, Executive Director, National Council for Incarcerated and Formerly Incarcerated Women and Girls