The Holy Land – What’s Next?
A Conversation Among Faith Leaders Witnessing to Peace and Justice in Israel-Palestine
This event was held Saturday, Sept 24 at St. Mark’s Cathedral in Seattle.
View the video:
The Mideast Focus Ministry of Saint Mark’s Cathedral, the Bishop’s Committee for Justice & Peace in the Holy Land, and Kairos Puget Sound Coalition present this symposium, which brings together prominent voices from different religious backgrounds to ask where the struggle to achieve justice and peace in the Israel-Palestine goes from here. Participants will include:
- Rev. Naim Ateek – Founder, Sabeel Ecumenical Liberation Theology Center
- Rev. Richard K. Toll – Founding Exec. Director, Friends of Sabeel North America
- Rev. Don Wagner, former National Program Director, Friends of Sabeel N.A.
- Jonathan Kuttab, Executive Director, Friends of Sabeel North America
- Mark Braverman, Ph.D. – Executive Director, Kairos U.S.A.
- Alice Rothchild, M.D. – Jewish writer and social activist for peace
- Ranna Harb – Co-Founder, Falastiniyat (Palestinian diaspora collective)
For more information:
St Mark’s Cathedral
Doing Justice: Israel/Palestine Seminar
(St. Mark’s Cathedral Seattle, Nov 13, 2021)
Watch the Nov 13th conference video recording (on Vimeo: )
*Note: Sound doesn’t begin until about 4 minutes into the recording)
The Bishop’s Committee for Justice and Peace in the Holy Land, Diocese of Olympia held a seminar to examine how we, as American citizens, can seek effective ways to end U.S. complicity in the dispossession and human rights violations of a people living under Israeli military and civil control. Speakers included Brian Baird, Ph.D., former member of the U.S. House of Representatives; Mark Braverman, Ph.D., Jewish American psychologist and author; Cindy Corrie, President of the Rachel Corrie Foundation for Peace and Justice; John McKay, J.D., former US attorney for Western WA; Alice Rothchild, MD, author, filmmaker and retired professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Harvard Medical School; and Lena Khalaf Tuffaha, Palestinian American, essayist, and author of Water and Salt, winner of the 2018 Washington State Book Award for Poetry.
Additional materials from this seminar:
- Doing Justice: Dr. Alice Rothchild’s Slideshow Presentation
- Advocating, Networking, & Acting for Palestinian Rights: Cindy Corrie’s presentation
- TAKE ACTION: Information and resources about H.RES. 751 and H.R. 2590 and action needed on these two measures
You must be logged in to post a comment.